Tech Equity Miami will support an ecosystem of impact that yields cradle to career tech inclusion. Collectively over the next five years, we will:
- Bring internet access and digital literacy to 100,000 Miami-Dade County students and their families currently lacking at-home broadband.
- Expose 50,000 students from undeserved communities to STEM and digital literacy.
- Support on-ramps that bring 25,000 underrepresented students and workers into tech opportunities and experiences.
- Provide at least 1,000 micro-businesses and companies with digital transformation training and technology solutions.
Tech Equity Miami designated projects will report on the metrics detailed below to track our progress towards collective goals. Besides measuring indicators in each priority area, we will track the total dollars invested, the demographic breakdown of the population served, and will incorporate an economic mobility assessment as well.
Digital connectivity is the currency of access to tech opportunities.
Remove threshold barriers to digital access for low-to-moderate income (LMI) individuals.
- Number and percentage of LMI households served that did not previously have digital access.
- Number of computer devices provided for LMI households.
STEM exposure unlocks untapped potential.
Increase exposure to high-quality STEM experiences for K-12 students.
- Number and percentage K-12 students exposed to tech experiences (both in school and extracurricular classroom environments)
- Demographic and categorical distribution of STEM experiences provided.
Defined pathways help people break into tech.
Increase defined pathways into tech-based careers and tech opportunities.
- Number of education programs and/or social and financial supports provided to support access to tech opportunities.
- Number of beneficiaries hired into tech positions post-training.
Tech accelerates business growth.
Accelerate small business growth by improving their ability to participate in, and benefit from, the digital economy.
- Amount and percentage increase in revenue.
- Number of technology products incorporated into businesses operations.
- Number and percentage increase of new clients and/or units sold.